Cardio Versus Weight Training
Written By: Carine C.
The battle between cardio and weight training bring a lot of questions and misconceptions. Is there a winner for weight loss? It’s important to know the difference between them for a conclusion.
- Cardio training has a bigger influence than weightlifting on cardiovascular health, since your heart and lungs work harder for longer when you do it. Cardio can strengthen your heart.
- After a cardio workout your body will release endorphins, which are feel-good chemicals released by your brain that will boost your mood and get you in a happier state.
- It can help prevent or manage high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes.
- Performing Cardio activities on a regular basis can reduce arthritis pain and stiffness through joint movement.
- Burn calories- cardio helps burn calories which is essential for weight loss as it puts you at a calorie deficit.
Weight Training Benefits
- Studies have demonstrated that after a weight-training workout, metabolism can be boosted for up to 38 hours post-workout. This means that you will be continuing burning calories all day long after, while watching TV for instance.
- Weight training is important for muscles gain. The more muscle you have on your body, the higher this rate of calories you will be brining while not exercising. This is the primary reason males can typically eat more than females without gaining weight—they have more lean muscle mass on their body, thus they are burning more calories around-the-clock.
- By strengthen your body with weight training you can improve your posture and lower injury risks and osteoporosis.
- The biggest benefit of weight training is that you can shape and tone your body according to your necessities and desires.
Its important to do both. Cardio and weights can help you become healthier and more fit. A cardio workout burns more calories than a weight-training workout. However, your metabolism may stay elevated for longer after weights than cardio, and weightlifting is better for building muscle.
It’s time to break free from the thinking that cardio equates to fat loss and weight training equates to building muscle and weight gain. It’s simply not as clear cut as that. While doing cardio can help your fat-loss goals, in a lot of ways weight training is more effective and will also give you a more toned body shape.
Healthy Fall Superfoods Foods
Pumpkins are a great source of vitamin A and B, fiber and potassium! When cooking pumpkins, the bigger ones actually have less flavor so it’s best to choose the smaller ones. You can incorporate pumpkins into many different recipes- pancakes, muffins, pumpkin bread- it’s a classic fall food.
Plus, you can roast the pumpkin seeds with a little salt and olive oil for a light snack.
Cauliflower is a versatile vegetable you can use to replace more starchy foods in- for example mashed cauliflower can replace mashed potatoes, and it can act as a pizza base. It can also help in weight loss due it being low in calories and also promoting the feeling of fullness.
Sweet potatoes are a really delicious comfort fall food that come with many healthy perks, being a rich source of fiber and containing many vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, and vitamin C. They’ll taste great roasting them and may maintain more of their nutrients this way over boiling.
Apples are one of the most popular fruits during the fall season and they come packed with health benefits. Apples contain fiber and vitamin C, and it’s recommended to eat the skin as many of these benefits are contained here.
Apples are great on their own and super tasty in things like salads, bars, muffins and pancakes!
- 3 Scoops of Clean Vegan Body Energy Protein
- 1 ¼ All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 ½ C Canned Pure Pumpkin
- ¼ C Pumpkin Seeds
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 12 inserts with non-stick cooking spray or place in muffin liners.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Little by little, stir in the eggs, pumpkin, Vanilla extract, and Pumpkin seeds. Stir until you have a smooth batter.
- Evenly add the batter into the muffin inserts. Fill each one 3 quarters full, leaving room for expansion.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the muffin are cooked thoroughly and the tops are golden brown.
- Place the muffins on a rack to cool down.