Personal Trainer works with the CLUB16 Limited Partnership (Club16LP) team members and managers to ensure exceptional member experience, promote the brand, and achieve training session and revenue goals. Specifically, this position provides a variety of service-for-fee customized exercise programs and lifestyle education to members and outside clients during non-service hours.
Understanding Your Role
As a member of the Personal Training (PT) Team, it is imperative you understand your role in the company and how you create success for yourself, our members, and our company. The primary function of every Club16LP employee is to maintain an atmosphere of enthusiasm, energy, and professionalism. You play a critical role by:
- Generating new PT clients through prospecting.
- Performing PT demonstrations and assisting members.
- Delivering periodized programs to SMART START and Direct PT clients in both 1:1 and Group sessions.
- Topping up and renewing PT clients according to their goals, progressions, and results.
- Securing Client referrals.
As a Personal Trainer you will have direct contact with members and guests, external vendors as well as Club and Corporate Office employees.
- Direct contact with members and guests
- Direct contact with Club employees
- Direct contact with Club Personal Trainers
- Direct and indirect contact with the Corporate Office Employees
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Follow the Club16LP Personal Fitness Consultation 1 and 2 processes.
- Build and maintain referral business within the club.
- Present the Personal Training program benefits to members and demonstrate the value of these programs.
- Assist members with exercise programs specifically designed to address their goals, adjusting as needed.
- Demonstrate safe exercises that have been approved by Club16LP and/or the company’s approved fitness certification agencies.
- Ensure club members understand how to operate the resistance and cardiovascular equipment correctly.
- Assist and encourage members in achieving their fitness goals.
- Tidy gym floor and assist in enforcing distance, hygiene, and protection protocols.
- Ensure your personal desk space and workout area is always neat and tidy.
- Assist in club promotions and campaigns.
- Be a Club16LP Ambassador
- Ensure all revenues are paid at reception. Trainers may not accept payment for services or products.
- Attend all mandatory staff production meetings, training programs and corporate functions.
- Maintain required CPR and PT Certifications.
- Comply with safety, courtesy, and dress policies of the club.
- Assist in implementing club and company policies and procedures.
- Attend applicable continuing education seminars.
- Achieve and maintain intrinsically derived revenue and session targets.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Club16LP membership pricing & related external/internal campaigns.
- Display a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Record and report all required statistics and data required by Club16LP.
- Handle member concerns/feedback in a professional, objective manner with the goal of resolution and retention when applicable.
- Maintain a personal commitment to fitness.
- Deliver positive, motivating, and effective interpersonal communication.
- Participate in lead generation activities both through internal and external efforts.
- Memorize and understand the Club16LP philosophy, core values and company unique added selling propositions (Value priced memberships, personal commitment to club environment).
- Maintain the highest level of professional ethics and compliance with Club16LP business rules, policies, and regulations.
- Convey enthusiasm and passion for fitness and proper nutrition.
- Engage in fitness activity at least 2 times per week.
- Maintain the same availability for which you were hired for.
- Adhere to the service shift expectations and procedures.
- Variety of personal training techniques and programs
- Principles of physical fitness and exercise technique
- Resistance and cardiovascular education
- Company policies and procedures
- Principles of salesmanship
- Provide a minimum of 30 hours of availability per week.
- Meet monthly revenue goals as determined by the Fitness Manager and / or Director of Personal Training.
- Meet minimum monthly session expectations after the end of the probationary period (80 per month).
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Deal effectively with a diversity of individuals.
- Adjust and operate fitness equipment.
- Give verbal and written instructions.
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
- Six months in a related field (Preferred but not a condition of employment)
- Performance and demonstration of the safe and correct method of a variety of exercise routines
- Effective in interpersonal relationships
- Current CPR certification
- Current PT certification
Lifting and moving of weights, spotting clients to assure safety, bending, squatting, jumping, walking around club, and running.